To live in hearts we leave behind; Is not to die.

~Thomas Campbell


Sunday, November 21, 2010

Family friend, Pam, shares a memory

I have many memories of your mom and would love to share them with you.

The 1st time I saw Roxanna she came to give Jan and I a ride to St. Placid. She was beautiful and had a little tiny baby with her, Jerry. She was always kind and loving. I felt like I found Janet my new sister and friend and then a big sister in Roxanna.

I spent alot of time with you all when you were little. Jan and I babysat and spent time just doing family stuff.

I remember all the times Roxanna did all of our hair. Dances and especially for my wedding. One time she cut my hair when we first met in 1969-70 and I wasn't very happy with it and she told me it looked alot better than before she cut it and I had to agree with her, we had a great laugh and thats when I knew I had another big sister to look out for me.

There was always several kids running around and I don't ever remember your mom yelling or raising her voice. now Mummum was another story.

My greatest memories are of a loving and caring friend. Sweet, nice and beautiful. Someone who was always happy to see or hear from you and always welcoming.

I'm sorry I wasn't around more. I only could find 1 picture i'll include it. This was at my wedding and my dad was pinning her flower on.

Love you all hope to be able to get together some time with your family.

Love ya,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment