To live in hearts we leave behind; Is not to die.

~Thomas Campbell


Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Letter to Roxanna

Written by Carol and read at Mama's Remembrance
It is very difficult to sum up in just a few words what Roxanna meant to me. She was and always will be my most dearest and cherished friend. We shared our deepest and innermost feelings, both happy and sad.

She has held my hands manicuring my nails for close to 25 years. She also held my hands helping me when I fell and broke my hip and again she held my hands and my heart when my husband passed away last year.

Roxanna adored her family, her dearest Barry and her beautiful children and granchildren. They were all the love of her life. I remember her teaching her grandchildren the alphabet - how to count - colors - shapes - the United States - all about the fairies and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

I will forever treasure the many gifts she made for me - a beautiful Christmas tree skirt, a special treasure box, a pretty bird bath, and of course, my "much used-can't be without" rice bags. She also gave me many apple decorations for my kitchen. I will forever remember those acts of love and kindness.

I always aspired to be just like her with her many talents, her outlook on life and her unconditional love. My only regret is that I didn't meet her earlier in my life. She was a beautiful, caring and loving friend and I shall keep her in my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment